Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Hit & Miss Gas Engine Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Hit & Miss Gas Engine Discussion Meet collectors of hit and miss engines, ask questions about collecting, restoring and showing antique flywheel engines.

Hit & Miss Gas Engine Discussion

Engines Welcome at Freeport Illinois show.

this thread has 13 replies and has been viewed 3619 times

Old 08-04-2011, 01:08:18 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 7,901 Times in 3,758 Posts
Default Engines Welcome at Freeport Illinois show.

I should have posted this earlier, as I was told last Saturday to bring all the engines I have, as we are going to be down a few, but running the sawmill I'm too busy to be able to play with them anyway so I'm only taking the one I sold and letting the new owner pick it up there.

With our new show dates, the Stephenson County Antique Engine Clubs 42nd Annual Threshing Show will be this weekend, August 5th 6th & 7th 2011.

Some of our Regulars will be down at Franklin Grove, as they are also loyal to that show and were torn over which one to go to.

That opens up more space for other attendee's to bring engines that they may have left home other years.

Feature Engine this year is International Harvester, so if you have any of them, the more the merrier.

Show is located on the Stephenson County Fairgrounds a couple miles South of Freeport, Illinois at the corner of Walnut & Fairground roads. We also have a Museum and Railroad and a huge Cooper Corliss steam engine with a 25 foot 4 inch diameter 60 ton flywheel a mile South of the fairgrounds at the corner of Walnut & Lamm roads, so there is plenty to see when you get here. The fairgrounds and the Museum/Railroad complex are both about a mile East off of highway 26 South of Freeport IL.

Check out the clubs website at www.thefreeportshow.com for more information. The show is also posted on the calendar of events on here and I have a few threads running showing some of the various equipment to be seen.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2011, 01:51:45 AM
Subscriber

Thumbs up Re: Engines Welcome at Freeport Illinois show.

Well, I got mine in there.... or should I say I got someone elses engine in there.

Took in the 37 Ford with the 3hp Massey Harris loaded on the back, and then ran back home & dropped my Birch tree, cut a few logs out of it & hauled them in.

New owner of the Massey is on his way, coming roughly 750 miles, bringing a few small engines to show while coming get his new one.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:30:51 PM
Registered

Default Re: Engines Welcome at Freeport Illinois show.

I have a 1.5, 3 & 6hp McCormick sitting in the shop. My daughters are showing livestock at the Ogle county fair and as stated Franklin Grove is this weekend. Really hoped to bring stuff to Freeport but I'll be lucky to get there and walk thru. Really want to see the 10hp my dad restored. If you see a 10 with a big brass stack please post a pic or two. Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to mongansmachine For This Post:
Old 08-05-2011, 11:44:16 PM
Subscriber

I never had time to walk around and see anything today, but will try to tomorrow.

There were a few regulars that showed here today, and then pulled out to head down to Franklin Grove.

Hopefully some that are there today will concider stopping by up here as well.

I'll try to find your Dads engine, but I can't guarantee anything on pictures. I need to get up the building the antique cars are in too as there are supposed to 6 of them that have never been shown anywhere before, plus some real fine looking ones that have been here before.
Old 08-07-2011, 01:47:42 AM
Subscriber

Photo Re: Engines Welcome at Freeport Illinois show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongansmachine View Post
... Really hoped to bring stuff to Freeport but I'll be lucky to get there and walk thru. Really want to see the 10hp my dad restored. If you see a 10 with a big brass stack please post a pic or two. Thanks
Is This It ?

Neat little Centaur tractor hitched to it too
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 012.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	162.0 KB
ID:	112340   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 011.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	160.4 KB
ID:	112341  
Old 08-07-2011, 08:11:34 AM
Registered

That's it! Thanks for the picture. Not able to get there
Old 08-07-2011, 09:28:13 AM
Sponsor

My son and I made the trip up and took the Mayrath, Gibson, and Gardenmaster garden tractors. Never been there before and we had a good time, I wish the turn out for the entire show would of been a little heavier, just to many options and fewer collectors it seems.
The 10HP ran great and never missed a beat, and the Centaur is a very cute machine also.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1938Sears For This Post:
Old 08-08-2011, 03:10:06 AM
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1938Sears View Post
My son and I made the trip up and took the Mayrath, Gibson, and Gardenmaster garden tractors. Never been there before and we had a good time, I wish the turn out for the entire show would of been a little heavier, just to many options and fewer collectors it seems.
The 10HP ran great and never missed a beat, and the Centaur is a very cute machine also.
Thanks for coming !

Hopefully we will start getting some of our crowd back when people get used to the new dates.

Last year we tried mid September trying to avoid conflicting with any other shows, but there were too many other Local activities going on at that time including a huge annual flea market 20 some miles away that nearly half our usual flea market vendors went to. Plus it was late enough in the season that anyone that has kids in school couldn't come from out of state or any other long distance travel.

We do still get the occasional foreign visitor, with one guy coming from Isreal this year just to see the Cooper Corliss steam engine.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:39:37 PM
Subscriber

Reviving yet another thread from last year...

Show dates for Freeport Illinois are August 3rd, 4th, & 5th, 2012

This years 'feature engine' in gasoline alley is "Odd Ball & Out of the Ordinary" engines, so if you have one that doesn't fit in anywhere else, this is the show to go to this year.

The 'feature tractor' this year is Oliver.

We are also having the Henney Homecoming reunion, co-hosting it with the Stephenson County Historical Society and the Henney Chapter of the Professional Car Society which will feature the 1927 Henney from the Movie "Get Low" with Robert Duvall, Bill Murray, & Sissy Spacek.

Along with the usual activities of Threshing, Baling, Sawmill, Barrel Stave Mill, Shingle Mill, operating Blacksmith Shop, Steam Train Rides, Museum, Daily Parade, etc., etc., etc...

Please see the clubs website www.thefreeportshow.com for more information.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:51:03 AM
Registered

This 1927 Henney was also in the movie Once Upon a Time in America with James Wood, Robert DeNiro, Tuesday Weld, Joe Pesci, Jennifer Connelly, Treat Williams, and Elizabeth McGovern.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:42:49 PM
Subscriber

Figured I'd revive this one again instead of starting another new thread.

The Freeport Illinois show is August 2nd, 3rd, & 4th, 2013

This year we are featuring Stover engines & equipment again, with Massey-Harris as the Tractor & equipment feature.

And again, the more the merrier. If you have something you'd like to bring Please Do so.

If you have something that fits in with one of the feature displays, please contact one of the board members ahead of time through the clubs website links at www.thefreeportshow.com the direct link for contact information is http://www.thefreeportshow.com/show_participants.htm All other makes and models are welcome as well.

See Ya There !
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2013 show poster.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	170555   Click image for larger version

Name:	Club's Wallis originally owned by Freeport Park District..jpg
Views:	37
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	170556  
Old 07-28-2013, 12:03:32 PM
Subscriber

Here's a shot of Mick Ingram and one of his fine engines at last years show. He's been a regular here since moving to the area several years ago.

He's a Mighty Fine Model Engine Builder too even though he say's he's Not a Machinist.
For a 'Non-Machinist' he does excellent work and has a pretty nice collection.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Mick Ingram & one of his engines.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	215.7 KB
ID:	170709  
Old 07-31-2013, 01:14:45 PM
Subscriber

Since we are featuring Stover engines again this year, I loaded up my 1927 4hp KG Stover yesterday and took it in on the back of my 37 Ford.

While it doesn't look like anything special..... I was told this is a pretty rare engine as they only made the KG model for a very short time.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	7-30-2013  KG Stover.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	171104  
Old 07-31-2013, 02:30:50 PM
Registered

Thanked 1,578 Times in 900 Posts

That remindes me of my MH type 1 sitting on the back of your ford. Yall have a great show I wish I could come. I might make it again one day. Bill K
The Following User Says Thank You to oldproff For This Post: