Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Magnetos, Ignition Coils and Spark Plugs
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Magnetos, Ignition Coils and Spark Plugs Discussion about magnetos, buzz coils, spark plugs, ignitors and low tension coils.

Magnetos, Ignition Coils and Spark Plugs

1943 Briggs ZZ Magneto/Coil - ?

this thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 1822 times

Old 03-24-2011, 01:43:31 AM
Registered

Default 1943 Briggs ZZ Magneto/Coil - ?

Has anyone had any luck in finding new Mag/Coils? I received a T.M. for HassieRiver, found the Mfg. part number, input it into the B&S parts page and it came up as a valid item for sale for $112.00 U.S. Dollars. The site did not provide a photo, So I am going to call to see if they know anything.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2011, 08:33:58 AM
In Memory Of

Thanked 1,196 Times in 1,057 Posts
Default Re: 1943 Briggs ZZ Magneto/Coil - ?

Dave,

I modify the core/lamination's of the Briggs Model A magneto to install the coil from a Tecumseh magneto which has the coil under the flywheel. The good thing about this is you can still get these coils NEW from aftermarket small engine parts suppliers. The last two Briggs ZZ engines I resurrected from the dead both had bad coils. This is what I am running them with. I started one of these engines day before yesterday to check vibration on a NON-stock air filter set-up I installed. I have these two ZZ running with this coil, A guy about a half a mile down the road is using one on a Model B engine on a Kohler 800 watt generator and a member here on enginads who's screen name is Nevr-Enuf-Stuf, has one on his ZZ. I keep a new coil in stock for anyone wanting me to do the modification. On my engines I use used coils from Junk Tec. engines I have. Give me a call if you are interested. You have my Phone Number from our LOOOONG talk about 10 days ago. I charge LESS than the price you quoted above and I guaranty the modification to work.
Some will say this is not FACTORY, but the modification is under the flywheel and out of site. Also the engine does not know what coil is being used one it. All it care is if there is spark to make it run.

Kent
Old 03-24-2011, 08:58:04 AM
Registered

Default Re: 1943 Briggs ZZ Magneto/Coil - ?

How do I get a phone number for KD Redd? I clicked on the phone number in the add and I get an add.