Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Hauling for Shows
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Trucks, Trailers and Hauling for Shows The ins and outs of setting up a show trailer and getting it to and from the engine show. Please be fully aware of our web site Terms of Use Disclaimer as you read. Safety first!

Trucks, Trailers and Hauling for Shows

Trailer wiring schematic

this thread has 7 replies and has been viewed 54739 times

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2004, 08:36:20 PM
PaulGray

Default Trailer wiring schematic

I am rewiring a trailer I am redecking. Does anyone have a schematic I can refer to or URL for same? While I have it apart I might as well clean up years of cob-jobs. BTW it has electric brakes on one of two axles. Made by Big Tex. Has breakaway switch. Looks like there are 4-5 wires to the 7 pin plug.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2004, 08:48:28 PM
Andrew Albrecht

Default Re: Trailer wiring schematic

If my memory serves me correct the Brown and Yellow wires are for the left and right turn signels. Can't remember which one is which. Green is ground for sure. And i think the white is the stop or brake lights. and one for your brakes. Hope that helps some.
Old 07-30-2004, 08:56:49 PM
Andrew Albrecht

Ok now i got it for you.

http://groups.msn.com/hotwaterwizard/trailerwiring.msnw
Old 07-30-2004, 08:56:57 PM
Greg Downard

Check out www.etrailer.com/faq/wiring.asp

Brown- Tail & Running lights, Yellow- Left turn, Green- Right turn, White- ground, Blue- Brakes, orange or red- Aux., Black- 12volt
Old 07-30-2004, 08:57:59 PM
PaulGray

Andrew- Thanks; I can find the pinout of the plug... I am looking for a picture of how all the lights connect and how the breakaway switch is wired in. I am replacing ALL the wires on it from the plug back.
Old 07-30-2004, 09:03:26 PM
Doug Kimball

Paul, Here is another site. You should find it in the technical section. Lights, brakes, break-away, etc.

http://www.championtrailers.com/
Old 07-30-2004, 10:43:46 PM
Randy Hart

Default Re: Trailer wireing tip

Just a little hint on the use of the scotchlock connectors. These are normally blue and allow you to connect a single wire to a wire that is passing by. say a clearence light.. for years I used them and had problems with salt eating away at the connection.. Until I started useing a little dab of RTV silicone in the scotchlock before I installed the wires and clamped them shut with the latch.. This has helped 100% to make it a quick and easy water tight connection.. hope this helps.. Randy Hart Ohio
Old 07-31-2004, 01:17:36 AM
Chuck Rich

Default Re: Trailer wireing tip

The breakaway switch is wired directly between the battery and the brakes. Thisis so that if the wire cable to the breakaway switch is pulled hard enough to activate the switch the brakes recieve the full 12 volts from the battery thus locking up your brakes. The brakes will remain locked up untill you manualy deactivate the breakaway switch by replacing the plastic wedge between the terminals in the switch. Chuck in sunny Central Oregon
Closed Thread