Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Hit & Miss Gas Engine Discussion > Antique Engine Archives
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Engine Archives All archived posts from 1999 to 2004 when SmokStak was on EnginAds. This is a read-only board.

Antique Engine Archives

FMZ 2 hp fuel check valve

this thread has 0 replies and has been viewed 1744 times

Old 11-25-2001, 12:01:52 PM
Dale

Default FMZ 2 hp fuel check valve

Hi,I changed the check valve in my Z dishpan competion model gas engine.Its the one with no needle valve and battery and coil operated.I replaced the check valve as i had to take the old one off to replace the fuel cap.It is the new kind of check valve available from a good hydralic hose and valve place here in the city.It has a little adjustment screw on the bottom to adjust the flow.My problem is i replaced this with the new valve and when i crank it i get all kinds of gas coming from around the piston and out through the carb air intake hole.It will not start and the whole garage smells like gas.It does fire once and awhile and the puff of smoke is white.I was wondering if i have to close the little screw on the bottom of the check valve in more to let less gas through since there is no needle valve on this engine to adjust the flow???Has anyone else ran into this problem and or use this type of modern check valve????Thanks Dale
Sponsored Links