Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Shop Equipment Tools and Techniques > Machine Shop and Tool Talk
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Machine Shop and Tool Talk Shop Equipment, fabrication, repairs, how to fix it, which tool to use for the job. Machinist shop talk, straight to the point.

Machine Shop and Tool Talk

Vacume oil changer

this thread has 0 replies and has been viewed 1906 times

Old 09-11-2008, 07:59:56 PM
Registered

Default Vacume oil changer

Our shop purchased a vacume oil changer,The vacume is created by hooking air up to it and it blow's across an orfice or venturie deal.Well it don't work worth a hoot!I got curious and hooked my vacume guadge to it to see how much it had when full,only 15 inches,not enough I think.The guadge on it just has a needle stating full or empty.The one we used to have worked great,same setup but different brand.Well what I figure is it needs more vacume,So what I'm thinking is drilling out the venturie nozzle a tad bigger to move more air across it,thus creating more flow/vacume?Any opinion's? Has anyone had any experince with one of these?Any thought's would be great,Tom
Sponsored Links