Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Shows and Swap Meets > Coolspring Pennsylvania
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Coolspring Pennsylvania The Coolspring Power Museum contains the largest collection of historically significant, early stationary gas engines in the country, if the not the world. Visit Coolspring, Pennsylvania for the Summer and Fall Expo and Swap Meet!

Coolspring Pennsylvania

Sandwich Pine Tree Milker at Coolspring

this thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 3654 times

Old 06-22-2006, 11:14:54 AM
Registered-II

Question Sandwich Pine Tree Milker at Coolspring

I just got a Sandwich vertical pine tree milker engine that may be missing one or two things, but I am not sure. It appears to be missing the Wico mag mount (unless it was designed for battery and coil-I really don't know if the engines were done both ways or just Wico), the linkage connecting to the mag, the muffler, and the cover over the valves, and the air intake thing and the hose connection. I actually have a tank also, but no gauge. I know there has been one on display at Coolspring. Here's a picture of it.

Here's mine:

Does anyone have a complete one of these engines or know the person that does? I am looking to get some engine specific information to get this one back together and running. Thanks, Harry.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2006, 11:49:43 PM
Registered-III

Default Re: Sandwich Pine Tree Milker at Coolspring

Harry;
Don't have much time right now, but will get back to you after our show this weekend at Sandwich. Will try to get you some pictures, numbers, and names, as we are featuring the 150th anniversary of the founding of Sandwich Manufacturing. Cool your water for a little, and will see you next week!
Ray
Old 06-24-2006, 10:38:33 PM
Subscriber

Farmall,
The man that owns the Pine Tree milker that you have the picture of is Almond Streeter. He took it to Coolspring the year he restored it. That machine was on his family farm and used till they got electricity. He has manuals. His phone numbers are 413-634-5541 [work] and 413-634-5559[home]. I don't think he has spare parts but I'm sure he will help you.

Fred Howes
Old 01-01-2009, 10:38:03 PM
Registered-III

Anyone got a muffler for sale for a Pine Tree Milker?

I'm finally going to get started on mine, and it's the only thing missing. (Well, the vacuum pump is missing too!)

Thanks,

Glenn