Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Vintage Electrical Equipment > Generators & Electric Motors General Discussion > Military MEP and Aircraft Gen-Sets
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Military MEP and Aircraft Gen-Sets MEP Mobile Electric Power, APU Auxiliary Power Unit and other military surplus generators.

Military MEP and Aircraft Gen-Sets

4 cylinder opposed APU engine

this thread has 4 replies and has been viewed 5324 times

Old 03-23-2002, 12:55:19 AM
Gary McGill

Default 4 cylinder opposed APU engine

Some time back, I aquired four military surplus APU engines. These are marked 32 cubic inches, are aircooled and overhead valves. They're governed and have fully aircraft type high tension sheilding. They look like really great little engines. I'm including a photo of the nameplate from one of the engines. All four are very similar but manufactured by different companies. If any one has any information as to horsepower or knows of a source of documation, I would sure appreciate it. Gary McGill

Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2002, 09:19:40 PM
Joseph Turrisi

Default Re: 4 cylinder opposed APU engine

I can't help you but a picture or two of the whole engine would help others who might be able to help you. Yoy know the saying a picture is worth a 1000 words. Joseph
Old 03-23-2002, 09:33:26 PM
Gary McGill

Hi Joe, Thanks for the response. I'm posting a picture of the engine. I hope it will help in getting some information on it. Thanks. Gary McGill

Old 03-24-2002, 09:14:00 AM
Ed Radtke

that engine is rated 10hp by the millitary but is actually about 18-20hp. all parts are available frome saturnsurplus.com they are all new parts at very cheep prices.
Old 03-29-2002, 01:22:37 PM
George

This engine makes reference to the military Technical Manual. TM5-2805-203. Anybody that knows their way around the MIL doc websites should be able to dump you the manual, or somebody will have it for sale.

G