Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Small Air Cooled Gasoline Engines > Wisconsin Engines
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Wisconsin Engines Single cylinder up to V4 engines.

Wisconsin Engines

Hi Guys and a Wisconsin Question or Three

this thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 2684 times

Old 07-26-2005, 08:56:03 PM
Fred_M

Default Hi Guys and a Wisconsin Question or Three

Hi, I'm Fred and new to this board. Several years ago I was restoring old cars and trucks here in Southwest Missouri as a hobby job. I worked at it all by myself in my spare time and managed to make a few bucks. On Saturday I was at a farm auction because they had a 1/2 to 1949 IHC pickup listed that said low miles. It had 12,XXX on it but had been settinhg in a barn for many years and the sellers did nothing to improve it's appearance or such, so it had dead paint, rotten flat tires, no brakes, and the battery was dead for 30 years, it had ine of them tar tops in it yet. Anyway, most of the stuff was like that and it was going cheap. I gave $249 for the truck, put about 50 hours and a few hundred dollars in things liketires, brake clyinders, mastercylinder, battery, carb kit, points, you know, the normal stuff. The locoa body shop polished out the paint and it ran and looked new, sold it while it was still at the bodyshop. Anyway, there were these two old wisconsin motors in the corner and they couldn't even get a dollar bid for them, so I hollared a quarter and the auctioneer let me have them. I took them home and since they were both the same engine and all I took parts off of one to replace the ones missing on the other. I put some gas in her and filed the points and almost broke my fingers first time I pulled it. I talked to an old guy who is no longer with us and he explained to me what I had done wrong. So if you just wrap the rope around the pulley once and give it a gentle pull it starts right up. Anyway, he said they (it) are about 25 HP irrigation motors. I though cool and purchased another car and put the motors up and had my boy drag them to the back barn. I soon forgot them.

Anyway, I found these two motors in my bck barn and one still will run. They are still dirty and have a bunch of dirty paint on them. The running one turned right over, I had put oil in the plug hole and sealed the intake and ehxaust before I sent them off. I would like to use the runnin one to build a home made transportation cart to haul the grandkids around the country on. So can anyone help me ID these babies and suggest a place to get parts like points (has a mag) and carb kits? Where would I find the model number? Any help would be great. Fred

Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2005, 09:12:31 PM

Default Re: Hi Guys and a Wisconsin Question or Three

Serial # and model are usually on a tag on the shroud. As for parts, you can try John Brillman who is a sponsor on this page. He deals mostly with ignition parts, mags, plugs and so on and may also have a carb kit for it. Great person to deal with and will be glad to help with questions.

John Brillman's Web Page
Old 07-26-2005, 10:56:48 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 3,817 Times in 1,708 Posts

Looks like a Wisconsin model AHH. If it has a 3 5/8" bore, it's an AHH.

Mike
Old 07-27-2005, 07:17:15 PM
Subscriber

A picture of the other side would help a lot. Because of the starter pulley (rather than a crank) I would guess AEH 3" bore by 3-1/4" stroke. Gaskets are easy to get from any dealer (Wisconsin is still in business, barely). If it has a zenith carb, parts are easy to find, harder if it is a stromberg. E-mail me if I can help, I have a couple AEH's, an AFH in a box, AGH on a generators, and a bunch of AHH's.