Oil Field Engines
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Oil Field Engines & Related Equipment
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Oil Field Engines & Related Equipment OFES members otherwise known as "Oafs". If you like "BIG OLD GREASY RUSTY OIL FIELD ENGINES, you're in the right place. Founded by Russell Farmer.

Oil Field Engines & Related Equipment

Seller attitudes

this thread has 41 replies and has been viewed 7112 times

Old 10-13-2008, 09:52:29 PM
Registered-III

Default Re: Seller attitudes

the old dodge [and its 4wd brother] pictured in my first post have found a new home
The Following User Says Thank You to Clark Bigger For This Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2008, 11:45:00 PM
Registered-II

Default Re: Seller attitudes

I too think this goes both ways...often there are people who want to make a killing and think they are somehow entitled to do so...

Personally I have a good job and don't need the money for anything I sell...and I have lots of 'stuff' so generally don't need more so if I want to buy something it can usually wait.

I do at times ask 'best offer' just because sometimes I honestly don't know what something is worth even if I do research beforehand. What I don't understand is why a lot of people get so angry and can't just talk and negotiate like humans...if someone is reasonable I will often pay a higher price or give them a lower price if I'm selling, for example if they will work with my schedule, or help me load something. And if you can't come to terms, is it so hard to say, sorry I can't spend that much right now, or am unwilling to spend/accept that $$$?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to snowcountryfarmer For This Post: