• Join us and fill out the registration form with your INTERESTS, your CITY, STATE, COUNTRY, NO ZIP CODES! Your account is then manually checked and approved. Please follow these instructions by using City, State, Country in your location! Incomplete applications will be REJECTED. If you like what you see here, PLEASE SUBSCRIBE and support our web site! -- Harry

South Bend Lathe questions

vsfiredawg

Registered
I just got a south bend lathe SER. NO. 40124-k and the Catalog NO. CL3-7ORD length 10KX41/2. I need to order some parts for it but I don't know what kind it is. Can someone help with some info. I looked on south bends page and all I came up with is I think it is a Light 10. The person before me wired it up wrong and I need a wiring diagram to fix it. Can not find one on the lathe. Thanks for looking and any help would much appreciated!

Yes you have a 10k ( light ten). If you join the south bend forum on practical machinist there are quite a few knowledgeable people on these lathes . I assume you have questions on the tumbler switch, if you have a model number you might find an old thread on wiring it.

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/south-bend-lathes/

Yep, it's a light ten. I've got a heavy ten made in 1952. Good machines. If I remember correctly, I read that Grizzly machine tools bought them out a few years ago and had taken over supplying replacement parts as well.

THANKS for everybody help!! Here is some pictures of it. The one with the wires hanging out is what I need . Somebody told me the plate on the box which is missing is where the diagram is . Thanks Vince

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 61
Back